April 20, 2018

5*Review: THE DANDELION by Michelle Leighton

Title: The Dandelion

Author: Michelle Leighton

Source: eARC from author for review


Goodreads...

At thirty-five, Abigail Simmons has mastered only one thing—running. When tragedy strikes, she runs. This time her urge to flee brings Abi back to her hometown, where she hopes she can find the peace she’s always searched for. That hope is dashed when Abi’s ex, Sam Forrester, bumps his way back into her life. 


Sam has flourished in ways Abi hasn’t. From the outside, he has it all—a successful medical practice, a beautiful daughter, and a charming wife.



Who is dying.



Sara Forrester is dying and her final wish is for Sam to find love again so she can meet the woman who will finish raising her daughter and grow old with her husband. Abi seems like the perfect fit, but what Sara doesn’t know is that Abi has a secret, a secret no one could guess.



And it’s a deal breaker.



My take…

My eyes tear with a sense of providence. Yes, this is where I’m supposed to be. This is was the right choice, the only choice for me.
This is where I’ll find peace from the pain.
And maybe redemption for what I’ve done.
If I’m even redeemable.
***

When I started THE DANDELION I was overcome with so much emotions. The story pulls at your very core and has you contemplating all possible endings. But the ending, the secret Abi is carrying around inside her, is not one I saw coming. And I ended the book a blubbering mess. Don’t fret, you will get your happily ever after, but the route there is filled with grief, heartache, and a love that never stopped. Such a beautiful, heartbreaking tale.

This wasn’t just a story about two souls who once loved each other nearly 20 years before finding their second chance. It was so much more. It was a dying woman’s last wish to see that her family would be loved in her absence. It was these 4 amazing characters (Abi, Sam, Sara, and Noelle), who I loved very much, finding an unconventional way of making something work in order to see Sara's wish played out.

I would love to see this book made into a movie. When I was reading, the story played out in my mind just like one. Every move, every gesture all felt so real. Leighton did an amazing job bringing the story to life in my imagination.

Beautiful and heart wrenching, THE DANDELION is such an extraordinary read that dug deep into my heart. I am still recovering! 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment