November 19, 2017

5*Review: CONSTANT by Rachel Higginson

Title: CONSTANT
Author: Rachel Higginson

Source: eARC from author for review


Goodreads…
Fifteen years ago I met Sayer Wesley. I fell in love with him. I promised I would never leave him. I swore nothing could break us apart.

Five years ago I broke my promise. I ran away. I took the one secret that could destroy us both and disappeared.

Five days ago I thought I saw him.

I knew it was impossible. Sayer was locked away, serving a deserved sentence in federal prison. He couldn’t find me.

He wouldn’t find me. I was too good at hiding. Too good at surviving.

Because if Sayer ever found me, there would be hell to pay for a plethora of sins. The worst of which, he didn’t even know about.

Five hours ago, I told myself I was crazy.

Five minutes ago, I saw him again.

Five seconds ago, I was too late.


My take…

I'm always excited to start a book by Higginson. She has this unique ability to teleport me right into the story no matter the genre. Whether it be finding love in the zombie apocalypse or finding love in the here and now, this book was no different. I felt that I was right in the middle of it all...the heists, the suspense, the romantic tension. It was manic and chaotic and completely beautiful. All rolled into a perfectly executed and well written story; a story that Higginson obviously did her research on. I was impressed with it all. I always am.

I absolutely adored Sayer. Even when the winds were not blowing favorably in his direction, I still craved to know more about him and his past. I was eager to know everything there was to know and then some. I knew there was goodness to him even when we were supposed to believe and think otherwise. His character was charming...he was positively dangerous, and completely magnetic. I couldn’t resist him and his pull any more than Caroline could. And honestly, I didn’t want to.

This story was oh so addictive and sheepishly I’ll admit it has me a bit borderline obsessed. After finishing I am still thinking back on it and contemplating a reread. My heart needs a reread y’all!! And it’s all just to be near these two fantastic characters once again. They had this extraordinary, heart stopping, undeniable love that is rare to find and even rarer to hold on to. So when they find each other years later after being apart, it tore at me all the animosity, hostility and even the fear they held towards one another. Completely gutted me. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. *sobs*

Even though this book ends in a delicious cliffhanger, it was absolutely needed, in my opinion. I love that we get left with all kinds of questions and even the fear of the unknown. I cannot wait to see Sayer’s reaction to the news he is dealt at the end. I cannot wait to find out what comes next for him and Caro. I have a burning need to know who is behind the evil that erupted in their lives, even though I highly suspect it is a certain cretin. And the bonus is we don’t have to wait an extremely long time to get our greedy little hands on it. We only have to wait until February.

So there you have it. I highly, highly recommend this book. And even if you have a fear or loathing for cliffhangers, please give it a go. February isn’t that far away. 5 Edge of My Seat/What the Heck/Give Me Some More Stars!! Now hurry Higginson and give me more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment